कभी टेक्नोलॉजी संग हाथ मिलाते, तो कभी अपने जमाने की गाथा सुनाते | कभी बदमाशियों को अनदेखा कर देते, तो कभी एक गलती पर खूब सारी डांट लगाते | ऐसे होते है भारतीय पिता जो अपनी इच्छायें किसी को ना बताते |
दिन भर काम करके भी, अपनी थकान की परवाह किए बगैर वह बच्चों के सपनों को साकार करने मे जुट जाते | ‘माना की हमनें यह सब नहीं देखा/किया, पर बच्चे क्यू वंचित रहें’, ऐसा कहकर हर वह सुविधा उपलब्ध कराते |
कभी दोस्त तो कभी खलनायक बन जाते, कभी करुणा से तो कभी अनुशासन से हर रूप में वे हमारी सुरक्षा और सफलता ही चाहते | उनके भाव होंठों से नहीं ब्लकि आँखों और कार्यों से झलकते है, जब वे नींद में हमें चादर ओढ़ाने आते हैं |
ऐसे होते है भारतीय पिता जो चाह्ते हुए भी अपने मन के भाव नहीं दर्शा पाते ||
For the first time I have realised that this isolation is not just mine Practising it not for my sanity, But I owe it to the humanity, to the mother nature, who has always given me And now is a rare opportunity To save thousands of lives just by doing nothing and I am doing my bit, in these times of quarantine.
In the beginning of this decade
I was eleven.
Learning tenses of english
and striving hard to beat
my competitor in class seven
and secure No. 1 position.
Then the fountain of teens
started pouring in.
My curious mind explored everything
which came on its way
the heart became bit of a rebellious
fighting with every eye
that was mistrusting.
As a young adult
I grappled with the trauma
of being right but considered wrong.
The whole world seemed to be
a court, making judgements
just to impinge on
This decade gave me
successes and failures
in equal proportions
and yes, it did break
many of my preconceived notions.
The varied experiences
that I have had moulded me
emotionally, mentally and physically
into an another kind of being.
Today, I am twenty one
after a full fledged journey
from a little girl to a woman.
I know there is a lot more wisdom
to be gained as I go ahead,
but this decade will be special
because it has shaped me
into the person whose poem
you have just read.
1. Act, never react especially bullying.
2. Adjustment in different circumstances/phases of life as required.
3. How to save a little money along with spending.
4. Learned how to present myself before people genuinely and stopped pretending.
5. Learned how to enjoy your own company.
6. Accepted that people come in your life for a reason and go for a reason…and there is no point in holding on to them if they want to leave.
7. Stopped judging people and accepted the fact that whatever someone is doing..there must be a reason behind that and I am no one to judge him/her just because of one circumstance.
8. Learned to keep myself calm during odd times i.e. illness and phases of grief and taking balanced decisions during those times.
9. Learned to manage small things in my life in a better way, which makes other people happy as well i.e. learned multitasking.
10. Learned the art of giving to others as I grew up…be it help or small gifts to spread smiles.
11. Learned forgiving people and stopped keeping a grudge against people because of silly misunderstandings.
12. Learned that many a times arguement does not solve problem and even if you are right you can’t always win the arguement.So, let time solve it.
13. Learned that everybody has come on earth for a different purpose and is unique in some or the other way. So, stopped comparing myself with others in whatsoever aspects and started being happy in my own skin and in the circumstances I am in. Stopped copying people.
14. Developed a better sense of humour than before.
15. Stopped hurting myself on silly things people do for their selfish motives. Started expecting less.
16. Learned to say back to people if I am hurt, learned to open up my sadness.
17. Became a more mature person with better control on my emotions.
18. Learned to acknowledge which people actually love me, among friends and family and loving them in return.
19. Developed a sense of gratitude in life and started complaining lesser day by day, and giving my best to make things better.
20. Stopped panicking in unwanted situations and started enjoying life in every phase.
21. Became a bit better in problem solving be it mine or others.